Release Date: 01 December 2017
Format: LP Vinyl
|MARILLION MISPLACED CHILDHOOD Limited Gatefold Remastered Vinyl LP
Marillion helped revitalise progressive rock in 1985 when the band released its third studio album, Misplaced Childhood. The band builds on the album’s legacy with two new versions that boast remastered sound and unreleased recordings.
Singer Derek Dick (aka Fish), guitarist Steve Rothery, keyboardist Mark Kelly, bassist Pete Trewavas and percussionist Ian Mosley recorded Misplaced Childhood at Hansa Tonstudio in Berlin, Germany during the spring of 1985. A concept record with two continuous pieces of music, the song cycle explored themes of lost love, lost childhood, and more. Released in June 1985, it was an immediate success, topping the U.K. album chart and earning platinum status. The album included three big hits: “Kayleigh” (#2), “Lavender” (#5), and “Heart Of Lothian” (#29).
Following on from the success of the Misplaced Childhood (Deluxe Edition) sets, Marillion will be breaking out the 2017 remastered audio of the original album on 1CD, 1LP and digital formats.
1. Pseudo Silk Kimono (2017 Remastered Version)
2. Kayleigh (2017 Remastered Version)
3. Lavender (2017 Remastered Version)
4. Bitter Suite: Brief Encounter / Lost Weekend / Blue Angel / Misplaced Rendezvous / Windswept Thumb (2017 Remastered Version)
5. Heart of Lothian (2017 Remastered Version)
1. Waterhole (Expresso Bongo) [2017 Remastered Version]
2. Lords of the Backstage (2017 Remastered Version)
3. Blind Curve: Vocal Under a Bloodlight / Passing Strangers / Mylo / Perimeter Walk / Threshold (2017 Remastered Version)
4. Childhood's End? (2017 Remastered Version)
5. White Feather (2017 Remastered Version)