|Atlantic / Rhino
Release Date: 28 July 2017
Format: LP Vinyl
|Stan Getz Split Kick Limited Reissue 10 Inch Vinyl LP
Afantastic 10” from the legendary jazz saxophonist, known as “The Sound”, Stan Getz.
Getz came to prominence in the 1940s working with artists like Jack Teagarden, Nat King Cole, Jimmy Dorsey, Benny Goodman and Woody Herman’s Big Band. However he is probably best known for popularizing bossa nova, particularly through the release of the worldwide hit single "The Girl from Ipanema" performed with Astrud Gilberto who Getz worked extensively with, alongside her husband João Gilberto and Antônio Carlos Jobim.
Split Kick was originally released as a 10” LP in 1955 and features a group of classic standards, including ‘On The Alamo’, ‘It Might As Well Be Spring’, ‘Fools Rush In’ and ‘Out Of Nowhere’ – this reissue sees the release back on 10” vinyl, in its original format, for the first time since the 50s.
This year marks the 90th anniversary of his birth.
1. Split Kick (Horace Silver)
2. It Might As Well Be Spring (R. Rodgers, O. Hammerstein)
3. The Best Thing For You (Irving Berlin)
4. You Go To My Head (F. Coots, H. Gillespie)
1. Fools Rush In (R. Bloom, J. Mercer)
2. On The Alamo (I. Jones, G. Kahn, J. Lyons)
3. ‘S Wonderful (G. Gershwin, I. Gershwin)
4. Out Of Nowhere (J. Green, E. Heyman)