Release Date: 25 August 2017
Format: LP Triple Vinyl
|TIM BUCKLEY DREAM LETTER Limited Vinyl 3LP Set
• Tim Buckley possessed a golden voice that spanned the range from baritone to tenor. More importantly, he knew what to do with it.
Sometimes he used it simply as a vehicle to carry the lyrics. Other times he used it as an extraordinary musical instrument in its own right.
• Recorded in London’s Queen Elizabeth Hall on 10th July 1968, this live concert was a two hour gem. It showcases five songs from Goodbye
And Hello, three songs from Happy Sad, one song that later appeared on Blue Afternoon (“Happy Time”), and another that was recorded
much later on Sefronia (“Dolphins”, written by Fred Neil). It also contains six pieces that were never recorded elsewhere – “The Troubadour”,
“I’ve Been Out Walking”, “Who Do You Love”, “The Earth Is Broken”, “Wayfaring Stranger” and “Carnival Song/Hi-Lili Hi-Lo”.
• Buckley was accompanied by his guitarist Lee Underwood and vibraphone player David Friedman, along with Pentangle’s Danny Thompson
on bass, hired for the occasion.
• Originally released as a 2 LP set by Demon in 1990, this legendary concert is now presented on 3 LPs. The inner sleeves feature a lengthy
essay by Lee Underwood, as well as the lyrics to every song.
2. Buzzin’ Fly
3. Phantasmagoria In Two
4. Morning Glory
2. I’ve Been Out Walking
3. The Earth Is Broken
1. Who Do You Love
2. Pleasant Street / You Keep Me Hanging On
1. Love From Room 109 At The Islander / Strange Feelin’
2. Carnival Song / Hi-Lili, Hi-Lo / Intro to Hallucinations
2. The Troubadour
3. Dream Letter / Happy Time
1. Wayfaring Stranger / You Got Me Running
2. Once I Was