Release Date: 09 September 2016
Format: LP Vinyl
|Drugdealer The End Of Comedy Limited Vinyl LP + Download
The End of Comedy is the debut album by Drugdealer, a new project conceived and conducted by Los Angeles artist Michael Collins (formerly of Run DMT, Salvia Plath) who guides a group of Angelenos including Ariel Pink and Natalie Mering (Weyes Blood) through a whimsical world informed by Jean Baudrillard, social media perception, Sergio Leone's spaghetti western vistas and Collins's endless travels. The End of Comedy is a collection of vignettes - lucid, lysergic and organic - featuring homespun explorations of Carole King-esque piano ballads, Bacharach-ian orchestration, the psych-folk of Ultimate Spinach and Hendrickson Road House and even New York City subway jazz, all pulled together by Collins's deft AOR auteurship and keen sense of humour.
1. Theme from Rockaway
2. The Real World (Feat. Sheer Agony)
3. Suudenly (Feat. Weyes Blood)
4. Easy to Forget (Feat. Ariel Pink)
5. Were You Saying Something?
6. Theme for Alessandro
7. It's Only Raining Right Where You're Standing
8. The End of Comedy (Feat. Weyes Blood)
9. Sea of Nothing
10. My Life (Feat. Danny James)
11. The End