Release Date: 02 September 2016
Format: 7 Inch Box Set
|FREDDIE MERCURY MESSENGER OF THE GODS – THE SINGLES Limited Coloured 7 Inch Vinyl Box Set
Freddie Mercury was a man of many talents and many different sides. The songs he wrote for and with Queen filled stadiums around the globe and have rightly gone down in history, but he also embarked on a solo career that took him from the clubs of Munich and New York to the great opera houses of the world.
· All the different sides of this iconic musician can be found on ‘Freddie Mercury: Messenger Of The Gods – The Singles’. Fittingly released on Mercury Records for the world outside North America, and on Hollywood Records in North America, this box set brings together all 13 of Freddie’s solo singles on individually coloured vinyl.
· From his debut solo single ‘I Can Hear Music’, released under the name Larry Lurex, through the dance floor-influenced solo anthems of the 80s and up to his collaborations with legendary Spanish opera singer Montserrat Caballé including the timeless ‘Barcelona’, this is a journey through the career of a unique talent.
· September 5 2010 saw The Mercury Phoenix Trust, the HIV AIDS charity set up in Freddie’s name by the remaining members of Queen and manager Jim Beach, launch ‘Freddie For A Day’, a major annual initiative designed to celebrate Freddie’s life each year on his birthday and to support the on-going work of the Trust.
· Taking it one stage further, Freddie’s 70th birthday, September 5 2016, will be marked on Sunday September 4 with a major celebration in Montreux, the Swiss town he so loved. The event is in aid of The Mercury Phoenix Trust, and will see fans and friends gather at Montreux Casino to remember Freddie and raise a toast to him at midnight. Official tribute band, the Queen Extravaganza will fly into Montreux especially to perform for the evening marking their first performance in Freddie’s Swiss home town.
· ‘Freddie Mercury: Messenger Of The Gods – The Singles’ is released by Mercury/Universal on September 2 as a box set featuring 13 x 7” singles on coloured vinyl with a booklet featuring photos, some of which are previously unpublished, and text. It also includes a download voucher.
DISC 1 - BLUE
(A) I Can Hear Music - Larry Lurex (1973)
(B) Goin’ Back – Larry Lurex
DISC 2 - ORANGE
(A) Love Kills (1984)
DISC 3 - YELLOW
(A) I Was Born To Love You (1985)
(B) Stop All The Fighting
DISC 4 - RED
(A) Made In Heaven [Single Remix] (1985)
(B) She Blows Hot And Cold
DISC 5 - WHITE
(A) Living On My Own [Single Edit] (1985)
(B) My Love Is Dangerous
DISC 6 - RED
(A) Love Me Like There’s No Tomorrow (1985)
(B) Let’s Turn It On
DISC 7 - CYAN
(A) Time (1986)
(B) Time [Instrumental]
DISC 8 - ORANGE
(A) The Great Pretender (1987)
(B) Exercises In Free Love [Freddie’s Vocal]
DISC 9 - CLEAR
(A) Barcelona [Single Version] (1987)
(B) Exercises In Free Love [Montserrat’s Vocal]
DISC 10 - GOLD
(A) The Golden Boy [Single Edit] (1988)
(B) The Fallen Priest [B-Side Edit]
DISC 11 - GREEN
(A) How Can I Go On [Single Version] (1989)
(B) Overture Piccante
DISC 12 – NEON PINK
(A) In My Defence (1992)
(B) Love Kills [Wolf Euro Mix]
DISC 13 - YELLOW
(A) Living On My Own [No More Brothers Radio Mix] (1993)
(B) Living On My Own [Julian Raymond Album Mix]