|Chemikal Underground Records
Release Date: 08 April 2016
Format: LP Vinyl
|Alun Woodward Music From Battle Mountain Limited 180gram Vinyl LP
· Elusive former Delgado and Lord Cut Glass puppetmaster Alun Woodward emerges from a seven year silence with this spectral soundtrack to documentary about maverick Scottish cyclist Graeme Obree.
· While the cycling connection with Woodward’s old
band will resonate with some, it’s secondary to the
dazzling and poignant backdrop he’s created for David
Street’s portrait of a quixotic sporting legend.
· Largely instrumental, Woodward weaves electronica,
loops and guitars to illuminate the warmth, wit and
wilfulness of a remarkable sportsman.
· The effectiveness of the soundtrack also serves to
remind us of Woodward’s intuitive musical talent and
showcases a songwriter still capable of packing a
formidable emotional punch.
· The LP is on 180gsm vinyl, includes a download code and will be limited to a run of 500.
· There will be a host of UK film screenings featuring
Q&As with Graeme Obree and the film’s director David
Street. The screenings kick off in London at Picturehouse Central and continue through to the
Belmont in Aberdeen.
I Was The King
Come On Nevada