Release Date: 13 November 2015
Format: LP Double Vinyl
|Oneohtrix Point Never Garden of Delete Limited Gatefold Vinyl 2LP Set + Download
· Daniel Lopatin’s second album on Warp maintains the stunning production for which he has gained a reputation over the past few years, whilst at the same time exploring a whole new level of weird. Lopatin describes ‘Garden Of Delete’ as a “selfportrait.”
· Musically the album contains a plethora of ideas spliced together seamlessly: great rushes of death metal and distorted R&B pop vocals, for example, all woven together with typically OPN broken chord synths and sleek sound design.
· The album sees a continuation of the incredible cinematic sound for which composer / producer Daniel Lopatin has gained a reputation during his career. Oneohtrix Point Never’s consistently preeminent and original output is gradually taking him into the position of an elite electronic producer.
· Through ‘Garden Of Delete’ Lopatin finds new inspiration in Ezra, an apparent eternally teen-aged grunge-loving alien figure and sort of new mascot for the record.
· The main asset for the album campaign is a short film entitled ‘Sticky Drama’, a collaboration between Lopatin and artist Jon Rafman, who last year also produced the video for Oneohtrix Point Never’s ‘Still Life (Betamale)’. The film features a cast of over 35 children and revolves around the narratives of Live
Action Role Play (LARP); it will be shown as part of Jon
Rafman’s first UK art exhibition at the Zabludowicz Collection in Chalk Farm, which runs until 20th December this year.
· 2LP features printed inners in gatefold sleeve and download card.
· For fans of Aphex Twin, Boards Of Canada, Nine Inch Nails.
4. Sticky Drama
6. Mutant Standard
7. Child of Rage
9. I Bite Through It
10. Freaky Eyes
12. No Good