Release Date: 18 September 2015
Format: LP Vinyl
|Le Butcherettes A Raw Youth Limited Vinyl LP
· Le Butcherettes release ‘A Raw Youth’, the Teri Gender Benderled outfit’s third album, via Ipecac Recordings.
· The focus of the album is the recurring conflict between minorities (the raw youths) and society: The oppressor and the oppressed. Each song is a different story of a youth from a different time era.
· Le Butcherettes have released two albums, their 2011 debut ‘Sin, Sin, Sin’ and the 2014 offering ‘Cry Is For The Flies’.
· Gender Bender “has a tremendous gift for capturing feelings and emotional processes that are difficult to narrate,” said NPR in a 2014 feature. The LA Weekly dubbed her the “most volatile woman in rock” and the Chicago Tribune’s Greg Kot proclaimed her a “breakout star.” Admirer Henry Rollins, in a 2014
interview with The Los Angeles Times, said, “She’s a star. It’s like a great character in a movie. You want to know what happens when the movie is over. You want to know the rest of the story.”
· The band, rounded out by drummer Chris Common and bass player Jamie Aaron, recorded the album at RLP Studios (The Morgue Portable Disaster Unit) in El Paso, Texas. Omar Rodriguez Lopez once again produced, as he has done for both previous Le Butcherettes’ releases. Guests include Iggy Pop on
‘La Uva’ and John Frusciante on ‘My Half’.
· The band have recently toured with Faith No More, Melvins and Antemasque, as well as performing on the 2015 Soundwave Festival.
· Teri recently shared the cover of Nylon Espanol Magazine with Shirley Manson.
· Touring Europe this Autumn.
1. Shave the Pride
2. My Mallely
3. Reason to Die Young
4. La Uva (Feat. Iggy Pop)
5. Sold Less Then Gold
6. Stab My Back
7. They F**k You Over
8. Witchless C Spot
9. The Hitch-hiker
10. Lonely & Drunk
11. Oil the Shoe If the Critter Knew Any Better
12. My Half (Feat. John Frusciante)