|New West Records
Release Date: 28 August 2015
Format: LP Vinyl
|Deslondes Self Titled Limited Vinyl LP + Download
· Hailed by NPR as “deft assemblers of a sound that traverses decades and styles with humble grace,” New Orleans band The Deslondes mine from the rich history of American music to craft their compelling and wholly unique eponymous debut album, due on New West Records.
· Co-produced by the band and in-demand producer Andrija Tokic (Benjamin Booker, Alabama Shakes, Hurray For The Riff Raff) at his Nashville studio The Bomb Shelter, the 12 tracks are influenced by classic soul, rock ‘n’ roll, R&B, folk, roots country, swamp-boogie, honky-tonk and pre-war music and introduce a collective of gifted singer-songwriters with a deep love for the past and a palpable passion for the present. “They manage to resurrect a lost sound,” exclaimed Rolling Stone in their 20 Reasons To Love This Year preview, adding, “Stax and Sun records are distinct touch points, as are upright-bass-driven melodies - while giving it a modern, vibrant swing, building on the foundations of old-time traditions without sounding like
they’re stepping out of a time machine.”
· Comprised of five distinct songwriting voices, The Deslondes endeavour to carry on the travelling troubadour tradition of their heroes Woody Guthrie, Hank Williams and Townes Van Zandt.
· The Deslondes have toured the country extensively and have supported the Alabama Shakes, Old Crow Medicine Show, Hurray For The Riff Raff, The Lumineers, John Fullbright, Michael Kiwanuka, Spirit Family Reunion and performed at last summer’s Newport Folk Festival.
· Vinyl format includes a digital download card.
1. Fought the Blues and Won
2. Those Were (Could've Been) the Days
3. Heavenly Home
4. Less Honkin' More Tonkin'
5. Low Down Soul
6. The Real Deal
7. Still Someone
8. Time to Believe In
10. Simple and True
11. Same Blood As Mine
12. Out On the Rise