Release Date: 17 July 2015
Format: LP Vinyl
Out of Stock
|COCTEAU TWINS THE PINK OPAQUE Limited 180gram Heavyweight Vinyl LP + Download
· Following last year’s represses of Cocteau Twins’ ‘Blue Bell Knoll’ and ‘Heaven Or Las Vegas’ come the combined EPs of ‘Tiny Dynamine’ and ‘Echoes In A Shallow Bay’ and the long out of print early-80s compilation, ‘The Pink Opaque’.
· Using new masters created from high definition files
transferred from the original analogue tapes, both albums will receive 180g vinyl pressings (with download codes).
· Back in 1986, ‘The Pink Opaque’ brought together the best of the Cocteau Twins’ early works to become their first official release in the US.
· Already a cult band on college radio, some classics like ‘Pearly-Dewdrops’ Drops’ and ‘Aikea-Guinea’ were given new mixes for this release, while it also featured
‘Millimillenary’, the first run out for incoming band member Simon Raymonde.
· To this day, ‘The Pink Opaque’ remains a great entry point to a wonderful band.
· With a history of releasing singles between albums, the two EPs of ‘Tiny Dynamine’ and ‘Echoes In A Shallow Bay’ were originally released two weeks apart back in November 1985. Seen as companion pieces, they both acted as a precursor to the band’s fourth studio album, ‘Victorialand’.
· 30 years later, the EPs are now being married together on to one piece of heavyweight vinyl, completed with reformatted artwork.
1. The Spangle Maker
3. Wax and Wane
5. Pearly-dewdrops' Drops
6. From the Flagstones
10. Musette and Drums