|Finders Keepers Records
Release Date: 15 June 2015
Format: LP Vinyl
|Alejandro Jodorowsky El Topo Limited Vinyl LP
· Presented here as part of a dedicated series of Jodorowsky’s ABKCO film scores (alongside the previously unreleased ‘The Holy Mountain’ and ‘The Dance Of Reality’), Finders Keepers bring the score to the ultimate midnight movie and spiritual pseudo western an album that marks the exact pinprick where
Alejandro Jodorowsky’s legacy first bled into the wider public consciousness.
· To affirm its 70s rock credentials ‘El Topo’ was originally imported by record producer Alan Douglas (Jimi Hendrix / The Last Poets / Miles Davis) then bought by American Beatles manager Allen Klein under the recommendation of John Lennon and Yoko Ono, who shared enthusiasm with late night creatives
like Dennis Hopper, Samuel Fuller and Don Cherry (who would later score ‘The Holy Mountain’).
· The acidic folk soundtrack was originally composed by Jodorowsky himself with his long term Mexican collaborator Nacho Méndez, with whom he had previously worked on the avant theatre production and LP H30. The following year Jodorowsky and Méndez’ short cues from the film’s production tapes were given to Ravi Shankar understudy (and George Harrison’s ‘All Things Must Pass’ orchestrator) John Barnham to
add extra score and post-production features, making the lo-fi, composed-to-scene themes a viable commercial LP which would share release schedules with The Elephant’s Memory, Badfinger and Mary Hopkins - standing out like a sore thumb in a sea of
well manicured talons.
· Taken from the original master tapes of engineer Brian Humphries (Black Sabbath / Pink Floyd) and presented with new artwork based on the rare European and South American poster artwork for the film’s original release, with exclusive sleevenotes from Andy Votel and actress / director (and Jodorowsky friend / collaborator) Asia Argento this release is an
essential companion piece to Finders Keepers’ exclusive Jodorowsky series and an enthralling and pop culturally significant release in its own right.
1. Entierro Del Primer Juguete (Burial of the First Toy)
2. Bajo Tierra (Under the Earth)
3. La Catedral De Los Puercos (The Pigs Monastery)
4. Los Mendigos Sangrados (The Holy Beggars)
5. La Muerte Es Un Nacimiento (Death Is Birth)
6. Curios Mexicano (Mexican Curios)
7. El Agua Viva (Living Water)
8. Vals Fantasma
9. El Alma Nace En La Sangre (The Soul Born in the Blood)
10. Topo Triste
11. Los Dioses De Azucar (The Sugar Gods)
12. Las Flores Nacen En El Barro (Flowers Born in the Mud)
13. El Infierno De Los Angeles Prostitutos (The Hell of the Prostituted Angels)
14. Marcha De Los Ojos En El Triangulos (March of the Eyes in the Triangles)
15. La Miel Del Dolor (The Pain of the Honey)
16. 300 Conejos (300 Rabbits)
17. Conocimiento a Traves De La Musica (Knowledge Through Music)
18. La Primera Flor Despues Del Diluvio (The First Flower After the Flood)