|On U Sound
Release Date: 06 April 2015
Format: LP Double Vinyl
|Various Artists Sherwood At The Controls Limited Reissue Vinyl 2LP Set
· Compilation of early tracks produced or remixed by the legendary Adrian Sherwood.
· This pioneering blend of post-punk, mutant disco, dub, funk and electro includes six tracks that have never been reissued in any format plus two completely unreleased tracks from the On-U vaults.
· Features The Slits, Prince Far I, The Fall and Mark Stewart, among others.
· Extensive sleevenotes that tell the story of each track,
alongside photos and more.
· Adrian Sherwood is a name most commonly associated with dub reggae, particularly his own leftfield version of the sound that he developed over the 80s and 90s, having been mentored by the likes of Prince Far I, Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry and Dennis Bovell.
· This compilation seeks to highlight another side of
Sherwood’s story: in his capacity as a DJ and live sound engineer Sherwood also connected with the likes of The Clash, Public Image Limited and The Pop Group and went on to work with a wide variety of artists including Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, Primal Scream and Blur. The tracks on this album show how Sherwood blended a dubwise approach to versioning tracks with a desire to experiment in the studio and push musical boundaries.
· This is the first release in an extensive On-U Sound reissue campaign that will be taking place over the next few years.
1. Hungry, So Angry - Medium Medium
2. Let It Take You There - Maximum Joy
3. Some Day My Caliph Will Come - Nadjma
4. Learning to Cope With Cowardice (Flexi Verion) - Mark Stewart + the Maffia
5. Middle Mass - The Fall
6. Strange Clues - Gardening By Moonlight
7. Mistah Linn He Dead - Shriekback
8. Running (Feeling Wild) (Feat. Congo Ashanti Roy) - Voice of Authority
9. Man Next Door - The Slits
10. Third Gear Kills - Annie Anxiety (aka Little Annie)
11. Nuclear Weapon - Prince Far I
12. Reaching the Bad Man - Singers and Players
13. In a Trap - African Head Charge
14. Private Armies Dub - Vivien Goldman