Release Date: 23 February 2015
Format: LP Double Vinyl
|Eternal Tapestry Wild Strawberries Limited Gatefold White Vinyl 2LP Set + Download
· Portland, Oregon’s sonic explorers Eternal Tapestry have always had a feeling of interplay between their impressionistic music and the dense forests that surround their hometown but on their newest album, ‘Wild Strawberries’, they take that naturalistic inspiration to a new level.
· The contrast between the openness of the massive Oregon sky and the denseness of the trees is echoed in ‘Wild Strawberries’’ expansive guitar tones and looming organ drones. The album is thick with the lysergic leads that populated their earlier releases but the airiness of the woods has seeped into Nick Bindeman’s guitar playing, refining it and opening it up to new modal possibilities.
· ‘Wild Strawberries’ is the band’s first double album, recorded in a secluded cabin under the shadow of Mount Hood in Zigzag, OR.
· During the recording sessions the Zigzag River flowed nearby and the group spent time between takes learning about the area’s floral make up and relaxing under the stars. This idealistic lifestyle, however temporary, helped to chart the course of the recording process. ‘Wild Strawberries’’ artwork and song titles (named after plants specific to the region) speak to the influence of that environment. The lush atmosphere combined with a week long sequestration from the outside world had a pronounced impact on the music, which unfolds in a panoramic slow burn. ‘Wild Strawberries’ yields
vast rewards for those who spend time in its aural forest.
· Double LP pressed on virgin vinyl and packaged in a gatefold jacket with free download card. Initial copies pressed on white vinyl, remaining copies on black.
1. Mountain Primrose
2. Wild Strawberries
3. Enchanter's Nightshade
4. Woodland Anemone
5. Maidenhair Spleenwort
6. Lace Fern
7. Pale-green Sedge
8. White Adder's Tongue