Release Date: 02 February 2015
Format: LP Double Vinyl
|Blind Guardian Beyond The Red Mirror Limited Vinyl 2LP Set
· Greatly inspired by life experience, world myths, legends and their own fervent creativity, German metal’s most epic storytellers Blind Guardian continually aspire to define themselves on a whole new level. With their highly anticipated, orchestral tenth studio album ‘Beyond The Red Mirror’, the band have successfully captured their scope and essence with unprecedented accuracy.
· When asked to describe the band’s guiding principles for the creation of this new release, Blind Guardian guitarist André Olbrich said “Nowadays, music tends to be arbitrary and predictable. But we want to keep developing our music.”
· In October 2012, the band settled into Twilight Hall Studios in Grefrath, Germany with producer Charlie Bauerfeind (Saxon, Hammerfall, Helloween) to begin recording
‘Beyond The Red Mirror’. For the next two years, the band worked relentlessly at infusing their inimitable, emotion-rich music with classical orchestrations within and throughout.
· Blind Guardian vocalist and lyricist Hansi Kürsch says “Thanks to ‘Sacred Worlds’ and ‘Wheel Of Time’ [from 2010’s ‘At The Edge Of Time’ album], I can say that we have learned a lot about scoring, recording, and mixing when it comes to such music.”
Working with three different classical choirs - in Prague, Budapest and Boston, plus two grand orchestras each featuring 90 musicians - has generated absolutely spellbinding results, making this new album everything Blind Guardian fans have been waiting for.
· Gracing the cover of this musical masterpiece is artwork by long-time collaborator Felipe Machado. Hansi reveals. “He truly is a magician. Whenever I throw in a few mumbling words, he comes back with art. It is amazing.”
· These ten new tracks will transport the listener - via the mysteriously powerful red mirror - into an otherworldly dimension that includes tyrants, gods and the Holy Grail.
It’s no coincidence that ‘Beyond The Red Mirror’ bears strong lyrical ties to 1995’s ‘Imaginations From The Other Side’, as we are reunited with the young protagonist we first met twenty years ago in the songs ‘Bright Eyes’ and ‘And The Story Ends’, standing before a magic door, unsure whether to make the leap into a new, unknown world or to stay in his own. Now an adult, the impact of this important moment in his life is the launching point for the entire album.
1. The Ninth Wave
2. Twilight of the Gods
4. At the Edge of Time
5. Ashes of Eternity
6. The Holy Grail
7. The Throne
8. Sacred Mind
9. Miracle Machine
10. The Grand Parade