Release Date: 12 January 2015
Format: LP Vinyl
|The Kinks Arthur Or The Decline And Fall Of The British Empire Limited Vinyl LP
· Classic Kinks catalogue on vinyl. The original albums on their finest format, with the original UK tracklistings.
· The seventh studio album, originally released in 1969.
· Kinks frontman Ray Davies constructed the concept album as the soundtrack to a Granada Television play and developed the storyline with novelist Julian Mitchell. However, the television programme was cancelled and never produced.
· ‘Arthur’ was met with almost unanimous acclaim upon release in the US and UK rock press. It garnered back-to-back reviews by Mike Daly and Greil Marcus in Rolling Stone magazine's lead section. Daly rated it as “The Kinks’ finest hour” and Marcus went so far as to call it “the best British album of 1969.” Melody Maker called it “Ray Davies’ finest hour... beautifully British to the core.”
· 140g vinyl.
2. Yes Sir, No Sir
3. Some Mother's Son
8. Mr. Churchill Says
9. She's Bought a Hat Like Princess Marina
10. Young and Innocent Days
11. Nothing to Say