Release Date: 17 November 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|Carcass Surgical Remission / Surplus Steel Limited Gatefold 10 Inch Vinyl LP
· UK legends Carcass have released several classic albums over the years, changing the trajectory of extreme metal with each consecutive release. Whether it was inventing
goregrind (‘Reek Of Putrefaction’) or creating the template for melodic death metal (‘Heartwork’), Carcass have always made records by which bars were set and rules were broken.
· Upon their untimely demise in 1996, fans mourned the loss of the seminal act and longed that the group would one day be exhumed from their premature grave. After an 18 year hiatus, Carcass have been fully reanimated and it’s safe to say, they haven’t missed a pathological step.
· With 2013’s ‘Surgical Steel’ Carcass rose to the occasion, giving fans an album that holds up to their classic repertoire, delivering another milestone in their highly
· However, its genesis was not without its fair share of blood, sweat and tears, of course. Longtime producer Colin Richardson actually walked out on the mixing sessions after tracking, possibly burnt out from the stress of having to top such landmark productions as ‘Heartwork’. The equally renowned Andy Sneap (Testament, Megadeth) stepped in at this time to mix the record and put the finishing touches on
their long-awaited masterpiece.
· In an era of bands seemingly content to endlessly chug away at their E strings in various rhythmic denominations, Carcass have brought the power of the riff back to a generation. The band also hit the live circuit with refreshed energy. Crushing performances on a Metal Hammer package with Amon Amarth and Hell were followed this year by winning over rabid crowds at Sonisphere and Bloodstock
· ‘Surgical Remission / Surplus Steel’ wraps up the material left over from the ‘Surgical Steel’ sessions: ‘A Wraith In The Apparatus’ appeared as a bonus track on the Japanese edition of ‘Surgical Steel’; ‘Intensive Battery Brooding’ was the B side of the ‘Captive Bolt Pistol’ 7” and also appeared as a Japanese ‘Surgical Steel’ bonus track; ‘Zochrot’ appeared as a flexidisc in the October 2013 issue of Decibel magazine; ‘Livestock Marketplace’ was recorded during the ‘Surgical Steel’ sessions but never released; ‘1985 (Reprise)’ re-works ‘Surgical Steel’s opening track.
· Gatefold 10” vinyl
A Wraith In The Apparatus
Intensive Battery Brooding