Release Date: 17 November 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|Avatarium All I Want Limited Gatefold Vinyl LP
· Stockholm-based Avatarium’s critically-acclaimed eponymous debut was a special blend of heavy adventurous music. Jethro Tull, Blue Oyster Cult, Sabbath, Rainbow… it’s all there, together with some delicate moments of beauty and fragments of pop and 60s psychedelia. It all began when the mainman of seminal Swedish doomsters Candlemass, Leif Edling, needed help to demo a couple of songs he was working on. Weeks turned into months and a few songs became a full length album. Completing the band are the stunning, crystal-clear vocals of Jennie-Ann, who gives the band’s songs an epic, ethereal edge.
· Enter 2014 and Avatarium felt the need to break new ground after listening to some old vinyl records and the desire to get closer to this kind of material was born. With a new demo track at hand, bassist Leif Edling was joined by guitarist Marcus Jidell to work on the song that would be called ‘All I Want’.
· While the two musicians got deeper into exploring where they want to take the music of Avatarium and how they can keep things interesting for themselves and for the fans, yet another song was created and the idea to make a new EP was fully set. The old spirit comes even more alive, with psychedelic percussionist Michael Blair, who has worked with Tom Waits and Lou Reed among others, guesting on ‘All I Want’.
· Commented guitarist Marcus Jidell: “He showed up at the studio with a big ‘bag of tricks’ with metals, crashers, shakers and a lot of strange things which he made sound like if you throw in a punkrocker at Woodstock and feed him with psychedelic pills!” About the new songs, he adds: “I think that Jennie-Ann Smith has reached new levels with the way she sings on both of the new songs!”
· The EP additionally includes three live tracks recorded in the Summer of 2014.
· Deluxe gatefold sleeve.
All I Want
Pandora’s Egg (Live)
Tides Of Telepathy (Live)
Bird Of Prey (Live)