Release Date: 10 November 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|Small Faces Self Titled Limited Heavyweight 180gram Vinyl LP
· With the full co-operation of surviving Small Faces members Kenney Jones and Ian ‘Mac’ McLagan, a massive tape recovery and remastering programme has enabled the original albums to sound better than at any time since the 60’s while also adding a host of previously unreleased material.
· Grammy Award winning graphic designer Rachel Gutek has assembled the new Definitive Edition Remaster Series and all feature deluxe packaging, restored original artwork, rare photos and memorabilia alongside comprehensive new sleeve notes by Mojo's Mark Paytress. Each release contains new and revealing interviews with Kenney and Mac while also including archive interview material with Steve Marriott and Ronnie Lane.
· “This is the Small Faces as they should be heard,” says Kenney Jones. “The band lived through explosive times – and every bit of that intensity found its way onto these records.”
· ‘Small Faces’, originally released in June 1967, was the band’s debut album for Andrew Loog Oldham’s Immediate Records. Recorded at IBC and Olympic Studios in London with Glyn Johns, this connoisseur’s favourite saw the group expand their sonic playground from pop and R&B to include acid-inspired psychedelia (‘Green Circles’), music hall (‘All Our Yesterdays’), waltz-time folk-rock (‘Become Like You’) to quintessential Small Faces pop at its most taut and swinging (‘Get Yourself Together’ - Paul Weller’s all-time favourite Small Faces song.
· The LP edition was cut direct from recently discovered analogue master tapes on a Neumann VMS 80 mastering lathe by Matt Colton at Air Studios during February 2012, under the
supervision of Kenney Jones and Small Faces remastering engineer Nick Robbins. The albumn on heavyweight 180 gram vinyl, is a lavish recreation of the original Immediate mono LP and adds an exclusive illustrated inner sleeve featuring sleeve notes, photos and full band credits and recording details.
1. (Tell Me) Have You Ever Seen Me
2. Something I Want to Tell You
3. Feeling Lonely
4. Happy Boys Happy
5. Things Are Going to Get Better
6. My Way of Giving
7. Green Circles
8. Become Like You
9. Get Yourself Together
10. All Our Yesterdays
11. Talk to You
12. Show Me the Way
13. Up the Wooden Hill to Bedfordshire
14. Eddie's Dreaming