|Finders Keepers Records
Release Date: 27 October 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|Emerald Web Whispered Visions Limited Vinyl LP
· Sharing social circles and spiritual ideologies with artists such as Iasos, Connie Demby and Deuter, whilst splitting label release schedules with Laraaji, Laurie Spiegel and Wendy Carlos, the unique Florida raised soulmate duo known as Emerald Web released their privately pressed albums at an axis where postprog rock met proto-new age and ambient electronic music.
· These tracks are taken from the second ever (and rarest) release by this early synthesiser duo consisting of husband and wife synthesists Kat Epple and the late Bob Stohl.
· ‘Whispered Visions’ is finally committed to vinyl thirty
years after its original cassette only release.
· When originally released, one music reviewer described ‘Whispered Visions’ as: “A cosmic tapestry of sound, woven with threads of shimmering synthesizer timbres and luminous flute melodies.”
· Notes by Kat Epple: “The band Emerald Web consisted of Bob Stohl and myself and our goal was to create innovative synthesizer orchestration and blend electronic music and acoustic instruments. From 1978 to 1990 we recorded, toured and performed in planetariums whilst composing soundtracks for Carl Sagan, amongst others. Bob and I were consultants
for (and were lucky enough to be sponsored by) companies and individuals that were creating the latest music technology. At the time Emerald Web was one of the few ‘Space Music’ bands which performed live in concert using synthesizers and sequencers, most of which had volatile memory and no pre-set
1. Jupiter Stone
2. Ice Caves
5. Mistress Ship
6. Air Smith (Part 1)
7. Air Smith (Part 2)