|Music On Vinyl
Release Date: 29 September 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|DR. JOHN SKE-DAT-DE-DAT:THE SPIRIT OF SATCH Limited 180gram Audiophile Vinyl LP
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and six-time Grammy Award winner Dr. John (aka The Night Tripper) is New Orleans' most prominent living musical icon. He's built a visionary, idiosyncratic body of work that's deeply rooted in the Crescent City's myriad Blues, R&B, Jazz and Rock 'n' Roll traditions. In all, Dr. John released more than 30 albums of his own while collaborating with a broad array of acts including the Rolling Stones, Sonny and Cher, Van Morrison, Aretha Franklin, Gregg Allman, Mike Bloomfield, Levon Helm, Ringo Starr, Rickie Lee Jones, B.B. King and Christina Aguilera.
His new album Ske-Dat-De-Dat...The Spirit Of Satch, pays heartfelt tribute to another larger-than-life New Orleans legend: the seminal trumpeter and vocalist Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong, whose musical innovations created the template for 20th-century Jazz, and whose playful attitude and life-embracing spirit made him a beloved figure whose worldwide appeal transcended music.
Ske-Dat-De-Dat...The Spirit Of Satch features a stellar assortment of guest singers and players. Accompanying Dr. John are Bonnie Raitt and Blind Boys Of Alabama, among others. The project features some of today's greatest trumpeters, like Nicholas Payton, Terence Blanchard, Arturo Sandoval, Wendell Brunious and James Andrews, along with New Orleans' legendary horn ensemble the Dirty Dozen Brass Band.
180 gram audiophile vinyl
1. WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD (FT. NICHOLAS PAYTON AND THE BLIND BOYS OF ALABAMA)
2. MACK THE KNIFE (FT. TERENCE BLANCHARD AND MIKE LADD
3. TIGHT LIKE THIS (FT. ARTURO SANDOVAL AND TELMARY)
4. IíVE GOT THE WORLD ON A STRING (FT. BONNIE RAITT)
5. GUT BUCKET BLUES (FT. NICHOLAS PAYTON)
6. SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE A MOTHERLESS CHILD (FT. ANTHONY HAMILTON)
7.THATíS MY HOME (FT. WENDELL BRUNIOUS AND THE MCCRARY SISTERS)
1. NOBODY KNOWS THE TROUBLE IíVE SEEN (FT. LEDISI AND THE MCCRARY SISTERS)
2. WRAP YOUR TROUBLES IN DREAMS (FT. TERENCE BLANCHARD AND THE BLIND BOYS OF ALABAMA )
3. DIPPERMOUTH BLUES (FT. JAMES ď12Ē ANDREWS)
4. SWEET HUNK OíTRASH (FT. SHEMEKIA COPELAND)
5. MEMORIES OF YOU (FT. ARTURO SANDOVAL)
6. WHEN YOUíRE SMILING (THE WHOLE WORLD SMILES WITH YOU) (FT. DIRTY DOZEN BRASS BAND)