Release Date: 01 December 2014
Format: LP Triple Vinyl
Out of Stock
|Original Soundtrack Forrest Gump (20th Anniv. Soundtrack) Limited Edition Numbered Coloured 180gram Vinyl 3LP Set
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the motion picture Forrest Gump, we're proud to announce the first ever North American vinyl pressing of the soundtrack. All 32-tracks have been placed across three records to ensure maximum audio-fidelity, in addition to vinyl mastering and lacquers by Kevin Gray, and plating at RTI. The album will be available on 180 Gram ''All American'' Red, White and Blue vinyl LPs, pressed at United Record Pressing in the USA. First pressings will be hand-numbered and limited.
The 32-song soundtrack from the film was originally released on July 6, 1994. The soundtrack includes songs from Elvis Presley, Fleetwood Mac, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Aretha Franklin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Three Dog Night, The Byrds, The Doors, The Mamas & the Papas, The Doobie Brothers, Simon & Garfunkel, Bob Seger, and Buffalo Springfield, among others. Music producer Joel Sill reflected on compiling the soundtrack: ''We wanted to have very recognizable material that would pinpoint time periods, yet we didn't want to interfere with what was happening cinematically.'' The two-disc album has a variety of music from the 1950s–1980s performed by American artists. According to Sill, this was due to Zemeckis' request, ''All the material in there is American. Bob (Zemeckis) felt strongly about it. He felt that Forrest wouldn't buy anything but American.''
Forrest Gump: The Soundtrack is one of the most successful movie soundtrack albums of all time. The album - like the film - instantly captured the heart of America, going into the top 10 of Billboard's Pop Album chart and shipping over 1 million units in its first few weeks of release. This timeless double album of American Classics has since been certified DIAMOND - selling over 6 million copies.
''The movie Forrest Gump is about time. A simple man's journey through complicated times. The coming-of-age of a generation and a country. And at the heart of the story is the music. Music that lives with us, always there to remind us of the people, the places, and the events of our time.'' - Robert Zemeckis & Eric Roth
* Mastered for vinyl and lacquers created by Kevin Gray, then plated at RTI
* First pressing is on an 'All-American' Limited Edition and Hand-Numbered 3x 180 Gram Colored Vinyl LPs: Red, White and Blue.
* Vinyl made in America at United Record Pressing plant
* Triple Panel Gatefold jacket. Matte paper finish with Spot UV.
* Three matte 11x11'' full color inserts
180 Gram Red A/B Disc, White C/D Disc & Blue E/F Disc
1. Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
2. Duane Eddy - Rebel Rouser
3. Clarence ''Frogman'' Henry - (I Don't Know Why) But I Do
4. The Rooftop Singers - The Walk Right In
5. Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances
6. Joan Baez - Blowin' In The Wind
7. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son
1. The Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)
2. Aretha Franklin - Respect
3. Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
4. The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
5. The Mamas & The Papas - California Dreamin'
6. Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth
1. Jackie DeShannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
2. The Doors - Break On Through (To The Other Side)
3. Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
4. Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers
5. The Youngbloods - Let's Get Together
6. Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair)
1. The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
2. The Fifth Dimension - Medley: Aquarius / Let The Sunshine In
3. Harry Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin'
4. Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
5. The Supremes - Stoned Love
1. B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head
2. Randy Newman - Mr. President (Have Pity On The Working Man)
3. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
4. The Doobie Brothers - The It Keeps You Runnin'
5. Gladys Knight & The Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
1. Willie Nelson - On The Road Again
2. Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - Against The Wind
3. Alan Silvestri - Forrest Gump Suite