|Finders Keepers Records
Release Date: 29 September 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|Daniela Casa Sovrapposizione Di Immagini Limited Vinyl LP
· In an alternate universe the Rome born female synthesist
Daniela Casa would be a household name. A genuine pioneer of
experimental pop music, abstract electronics, Giallo jazz and even heavy drone rock jams, her elusive and infectious music joins the dots and loops between other Italian female electronic composers such as Giulia De Mutiis (later Giulia Alessandroni),
Doris Norton and Suzanne Ciani while retaining one of the most individualistic and diverse composing styles of an advanced mechanical musician regardless of their nationality or gender.
· This album compiles, for the first time, a multifarious selection of previously commercially unavailable instrumental music composed at her home studio in the late 70s before her untimely death at the age of 42.
· Originally designed for use in radio, film, TV and other industry specific applications, these seldom heard selections combine ingenious homemade and hi-tech disciplines, providing scores for Italian thrillers, nature documentaries, educational projects and commercial sound installations. Mastered from the vaults of the sought-after Deneb / Flirt / Canopo library labels (home to some of the rarest records by Fabio Frizzi, Giuliano ‘Raskovich’ Sorgini, Gerardo Iacoucci, Alessandro ‘Braen’ Alessandroni
amongst others) these rare tracks reveal Daniela Casa in her
most fertile environment (composing as a young mother) in
both a solo capacity and alongside incredible Italian session musicians, often sharing release schedules and tracklists with her maverick maestro husband Remigio Ducross.
· These multi-layered musical images remain as vibrant and
authentic today as they did thirty-five years ago. Close your eyes and unravel the ‘Sovrapposizione Di Immagini’.
1. Ricerca Della Materia
3. Dimensione Concreta
5. Grosse Cilindrate
6. Sport Orientali (Lotta)
8. Visione Surreale
13. Moto Cross
14. Dimensione Astratta
16. Circo Del Bimbi
17. Sovrapposizione Di Immagini