|Asthmatic Kitty Records
Release Date: 08 September 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|Castanets Decimantion Blues Limited Marbled Blue Vinyl LP
· The wind blows hard. We need songs for shelter and Raymond Raposa can build a shelter from almost anything: the sun-bleached bones of a drum track and a couple of spare organ chords; a carpet of creeping synth arpeggios, a scaffolding
of multi-tracked harmonies, a few scraps of alto sax to prop up the whole structure. ‘Decimation Blues’, Raymond Raposa’s sixth release as Castanets, marks a decade of scavenger
· ‘Decimation Blues’ sees Raposa stepping out in front of the hermetic persona he’s crafted over ten years. There have always been shards of pop songs glinting in the dark corners of Castanets records. Here we get whole gleaming edifices.
· ‘Decimation Blues’ is the music of a man who’s learned to live and build among the wreckage - twelve seemingly offhand, secretly meticulous tracks that we can hunker down in. “Still always good to be alone in someone else’s home,” Raposa sings. Come in out of the rain, put your shoes by
the fire. The walls might shake and the wind might howl but you’ll be safe here a while.
· Initial LP copies on marbled blue vinyl.
1. It's Good to Touch You in the Sunlight
2. Be My Eyes
3. Thunder Bay
4. Out for the West
5. To Look Over the Grounds
6. Blackbird Tune
8. Pour It Tall and Pour It True
9. There Is a Place Up the Road There
10. My Girl Comes to the City
11. Tell Them Memphis
12. Somewhere in the Blue