Release Date: 25 August 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|Liturgy Renihilation Limited Vinyl LP
· ‘Renihilation’ is Liturgy’s 2009 debut album. Unavailable on vinyl for some time, ‘Renihilation’ is unrelenting and hyper-focused, an astonishing balance of pure chaos and meticulous composition, never wavering in its dedication to its own conceptual core.
· Even as it introduced the band to the metal community at large, ‘Renihilation’ established Liturgy as a group that refused to play by the same rules that had dictated black metal aesthetics up to that point, instead blazing their own white hot path that used black metal as a means to express something much grander and much more elusive. It simultaneously works within and against these pre-existing
forms and, even five years after its initial release, seems completely alien and unparalleled. These are the first recordings of the band’s quartet line-up of Hunter Hunt-Hendrix, Greg Fox, Bernard Gann and Tyler Dusenbury, laid to tape just several months after it coalesced.
· ‘Renihilation’ is the work of a band pushing their limits physically and musically to organically realize music that was conceived completely in the abstract. Though it is perhaps the most aggressive album in the band’s discography, at times startling so, it is not weighed down by depressive tendencies. Colin Marston’s production expertly accents
the brightness in their sound.
· This re-issue of ‘Renihilation’ is pressed on virgin vinyl and presented with a printed inner sleeve and free download card. Initial copies are pressed on limited white vinyl, remaining copies on black.
· Liturgy are at work on a new full-length album, set for release in early 2015.
· Liturgy have performed at Pitchfork Music Festival, Hopscoth Festival, Primavera, Hellfest, Roskilde, Fun Fun Fun Fest, Orion Music and Pygmalion Festival. The band have toured with Sleigh Bells, Diplo and Boris.
· Liturgy’s 2011 Thrill Jockey debut, ‘Aesthethica’, is a consistent best seller and has gone through multiple vinyl pressings.
Beyond The Magic Forest
Behind The Void