Release Date: 21 July 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|Can Saw Over Babaluma Limited Remastered Vinyl LP
· Following the release of the ‘Can Vinyl Box’ - the limited edition box set that consisted of 17 LPs housed in a linen wrapped box, Mute are now proud to release the Can studio albums individually on vinyl.
· ‘Future Days’, ‘Soon Over Babaluma’, ‘Landed’, ‘Flow Motion’ and ‘Saw Delight’ are the second batch of the series, following ‘Monster Movie’, ‘Soundtracks’, ‘Tago Mago’ and ‘Ege Bamyasi’, released last month.
· The albums were mastered and cut to vinyl by Kevin Metcalfe at The Soundmasters, London. The remastering and vinyl processing was coordinated by long time collaborator Jono Podmore. Additional titles will be released over the coming months.
· ‘Soon Over Babaluma’ is the sixth studio album by Can, the band'’s first album without a lead vocalist who does not play an instrument, following the departure of Damo Suzuki. The vocals are taken care of by guitarist Michael Karoli and keyboardist Irmin Schmidt.
· The last Can album to be created using a twotrack recorder, ‘Soon Over Babaluma’ took the ambient style of ‘Future Days’ and pushed it even further.
1. Dizzy Dizzy
2. Come Sta, La Luna
4. Chain Reaction
5. Quantum Physics