Release Date: 14 July 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|Suicide Silence You Can't Stop Me Limited Vinyl LP
· Many of the greatest works of art throughout history were fashioned from grief, anger and overwhelming despair descending on its creators in the aftermath of tragedy and Suicide Silence’s appropriately tiled ‘You Can’t Stop Me’ is no exception. Like the once unthinkable creative and commercial reemergence of Alice In Chains or the classic, legendary and timeless touchstone that is AC/DC’s ‘Back In Black’, Suicide Silence’s fourth album features a new frontman on the heels of earthshaking tragedy.
· ‘You Can’t Stop Me’ serves as a simultaneous introduction to vocalist Hernan ‘Eddie’ Hermida (ex-All Shall Perish), as well as a celebration of the brotherhood the band shared with Hermida’s fallen predecessor. The group chose the album’s title from a collection of lyrics left behind by the late Mitch Lucker, while their formidable revamped sound makes it clear that Suicide Silence’s resurrection is complete.
· Mark Heylmun and Chris Garza (guitars), Dan Kenny (bass) and Alex Lopez (drums) sound more driven than ever, force-feeding their mash-up of death metal, black metal, grind and time-signature bending dissonance into structured, focused and often groove-oriented missives of anger and perseverance. Death metal legend George ‘Corpsegrinder’ Fisher (Cannibal Corpse) and Greg Puciato (The Dillinger Escape Plan, Killer Be Killed) make guest appearances but make no mistake: Suicide Silence are as bonded and as cohesive as ever. Their unity of purpose is palpable in ‘Sacred Words’, ‘Warrior’ and ‘We Have All Had Enough’.
· The entire album - produced by Steve Evetts (The Dillinger Escape Plan, Sepultura) - is the sound of a band exorcising demons and reclaiming their future, reconnecting with a worldwide audience, each other and their own inner strength.
2. Inherit the Crown
3. Cease to Exist
4. Sacred Words
5. Control (Feat. George Fisher)
7. You Can't Stop Me
8. Monster Within (Feat. Greg Puciato)
9. We Have All Had Enough
10. Ending Is the Beginning
11. Don't Die