Release Date: 16 June 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|Can Ege Bamyasi Limited Remastered Vinyl LP
· Following the release of the ‘Can Vinyl Box’, the limited edition box set that consisted of 17 LPs housed in a linen wrapped box, Mute are now proud to release the Can studio albums individually on vinyl.
· Released in batches, the first albums in the series to be
released are ‘Ege Bamyasi’, ‘Monster Movie’, ‘Soundtracks’ and ‘Tago Mago’.
· The albums were mastered and cut to vinyl by Kevin Metcalfe at The Soundmasters, London. Remasters and vinyl processing was coordinated by long time collaborator Jono Podmore.
· ‘Ege Bamyasi’ is the fourth studio album by Can.
· The album contains the single ‘Spoon’, which charted in the Top 10 in Germany and was used as the theme of the German TV series ‘Das Messer’ (The Knife).
· ‘Ege Bamyasi’ means ‘Aegean Okra’ in Turkish.
· Pitchfork featured the record at #19 on its Top 100 Albums Of The 1970s. British music paper Melody Maker wrote “Can are without doubt the most talented and most consistent
experimental rock band in Europe, England included.”
· Various artists have cited ‘Ege Bamyasi’ as an influence.
Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth recalls “It was unlike anything else I was hearing at the time.”
· Geoff Barrow of Portishead picked Ege Bamyasi as one of their favourite 13 Albums on The Quietus’ Bakers Dozen series.
· ‘I’m So Green’ was covered by Beck.
· Kanye West sampled from ‘Sing Swan Song’ for his song ‘Drunk And Hot Girls’ on the album ‘Graduation’ and derives many of the song’s lyrics from Damo Suzuki’s vocals.
· ‘Vitamin C’ can be heard in Pedro Almodóvar’s movie ‘Broken Embraces’.
2. Sing Swan Song
3. One More Night
4. Vitamin C
6. I'm So Green