Release Date: 28 April 2014
Format: LP Double Vinyl
|Devil You Know The Beauty Of Destruction Limited Heavyweight Gatefold Vinyl 2LP Set
· When the song ‘A New Beginning’ comes blasting through the speakers, mere moments into Devil You Know’s debut album, it’s clear that this isn’t merely another great metal anthem. It’s a battle cry - a statement of purpose, a scream for survival. From start to finish, this is a record that burns with emotion and intensity.
· No surprise that the voice at the churning vortex of unforgettable riffs and epic melodies belongs to none other than former Killswitch Engage frontman Howard Jones. Having voiced the Grammy-nominated Massachusetts metallers though nearly a decade of touring and two gold records, Jones is at the top of his game. Brought together with Italian-born guitarist Franscesco Artusato of The Francesco Artusato
Project and All Shall Perish and drummer John Sankey of Aussie metallurgists Devolved, Devil You Know aren’t merely an intersection of individual talents.
· “I had taken some time away from music,” says Jones. “I wasn’t sure of what I wanted to do, but when I heard what John and Francesco had been writing, it was immediate for me.” Within weeks, the trio were in producer Logan Mader’s studio bringing their songs to life. “Once the songs were done, we looked at each other and said: we have to do this!”, admits Jones.
· Produced by Mader with Zeuss (Hatebreed, Suicide Silence) handling mixing duties, ‘The Beauty Of Destruction’ is truly a new beginning for all three veteran musicians.
It’s no surprise that tracks like the soaring ‘For The Dead And Broken’ or ‘Embracing The Torture’ sound more than slightly confessional. “There is a light at the end of a
very dark tunnel,” he admits. “That’s where songs like ‘Crawl From The Dark’ came from. They weren’t the easiest songs to write or sing but they’re as honest and direct
as anything I’ve ever written.”
· Devil You Know will now be hitting the road. Joining the three founding members onstage are guitarist Roy Lev-Ari and bassist Ryan Wombacher, who also handles bas and co-vocalizing duties with California metalcore crew, Bleeding Through. “I’m a bit shocked at how naturally this has all come together,” states Jones. “There’s no stopping this. There’s nothing we can’t face.”
· Available as a heavyweight double LP in gatefold sleeve.
· The LP also features an extra track.
1. A New Beginning
2. My Own
3. Embracing the Torture
4. For the Dead and Broken
5. Seven Years Alone
6. It's Over
7. A Mind Insane
8. Crawl from the Dark
9. The Killer
10. I Am the Nothing
11. Shut It Down
12. As Bright As the Darkness