Release Date: 27 January 2014
Format: LP Vinyl
|Peggy Sue Choir Of Echoes Limited 180gram Vinyl LP + CD & MP3 Download
· Peggy Sue are far from your average post-folk band; they carefully craft together beautiful harmonies that glide over a sea of delicate guitars and piercing drums to create a coming together of sounds whose power is unlike any other. The songs possess an immense intricacy in their layers and
details ensuring the listeners respond to their cinematic quality.
· In their own words, “‘Choir Of Echoes’ is an album about singing. About losing your voice and finding it again. Voices keeping each other company and voices competing for space. The call and response of the kindest and the cruelest words. Choruses. Duets. Whispers and shouts.”
· This, the band’s third album for Wichita Recordings, was recorded by Jimmy Robertson (the man who made the ‘Peggy Sue Play The Songs Of Scorpio Rising’ collection), and mixed by John Askew (who also worked with the band on their debut full length, ‘Fossils And Other Phantoms’).
· Since the release of their sophomore full length, ‘Acrobats’, in 2011, the band self-released a covers album inspired by a Kenneth Anger film (‘Peggy Sue Play The Songs Of Scorpio Rising’) and toured with First Aid Kit, Joan As Policewoman, Wild Flag and Jack White, as well as embarking on many headline tours of their own. They head back out on the road in support of the album next year.
· Available as 180g vinyl with folded insert and copy of the
album on CD, and digital download.
· “… beautiful, gospel-tinged…” - The Line of Best Fit
· “Their music has the same simplicity which rippled through Buddy Holly but
with an eloquence which comes from new technology, new material.” - Clash
(Come Back Around)
Figure Of Eight
Just The Night
How Heavy The Quiet That Grew Between Your Mouth And Mine
Longest Day Of The Year Blues
And Always Is
The Errors Of Your Ways