Release Date: 27 January 2014
Format: LP Triple Vinyl
|Actress Ghettoville Limited 180gram Heavyweight Vinyl 3LP Set
· Actress, aka Darren Cunningham, returns with ‘Ghettoville’, preceded only by a static-ridden transmission: “‘Ghettoville’ is the bleached out and black
tinted conclusion of the Actress image… R.I.P Music 2014. Actress”
· ‘Ghettoville’ is the spiritual sequel to 2008’s ‘Hazyville’, originally released on Actress’s own Werkdiscs label. Chronologically, this follows 2010’s ‘Splazsh’ and 2012’s ‘R.I.P.’ which were both released to critical acclaim on Damon Albarn (Blur, Gorillaz)’s Honest Jon’s label.
· Heavyweight 180g black triple vinyl includes rough board inner packaging, and black popset outer sleeve with die cut (square) foil block. Side F features artwork etching.
· Fans of Actress include Damon Albarn, Zomby (with whom Actress has collaborated), Thom Yorke, Flying Lotus, Benji B, Gilles Peterson, Four Tet, Panda Bear, Oneohtrix Point Never, Floating Points and many more. He has also remixed tracks for Radiohead, Kasabian, Alex Smoke, Tom Trago, Joy
Orbison, Kode 9, John Cale, Panda Bear, Love Supreme, Teengirl Fantasy, Terence Dixon, Legowelt, and Moire, amongst others.
· Actress appears at the Solid Steel 25th anniversary celebrations in London after recently playing the Brooklyn Electronic Music Festival (amongst many other International dates) and a Werkdiscs night in LA with Kanye West collaborator Evian Christ (Tri-Angle). He has also played live with Atoms For Peace, Jamie xx, Amon Tobin, Darkstar, Joy Orbison, Four Tet, Nosaj Thing, Oneohtrix Point Never, Loefah, Raime, Kyle Hall, Tim Hecker, Kassem Mosse,
Maurice Fulton and countless others.
· Actress has performed live at London’s Tate Modern in conjunction with Yayoi Kusama and Matthew Herbert, and collaborated with Damon Albarn alongside a host of Congolese musicians as part of the 2011 DRC Music - Kinshasa One Two project.