Release Date: 02 December 2013
Format: LP Double Vinyl
|Electrelane No Shouts No Calls Limited Vinyl 2LP Set
· ‘No Shouts No Calls’ is the fourth studio album by
Brighton based Electrelane. Originally released on Too
Pure back in 2007 it’s widely considered the band’s
most accessible work to date and it delivers a set of
urgent, romantic epics.
· Tracks like ‘The Greater Times’ and ‘To The East’ are
direct yet complex, with soaring melodies, and the
contrast between intimate, almost too-personal words
and the swelling sounds around them is exquisite.
· And while the album is dominated by the intense,
impatient joy of ‘At Sea’, which rides glorious swells of
keyboards and fuzzy guitars, its lightly heartbroken
moments are just as lovely: ‘Saturday’ boasts beautiful
call-and-response vocals and lyrics that feel like a
nursery rhyme about a breakup; ‘Cut And Run’ pairs a
lighthearted melody and ukulele with the painful
realization that a relationship is likely over.
· ‘No Shouts No Calls’ instrumentals are just as strong
as the vocal tracks, and they revel in the pure
emotional power of sound. ‘Tram 21’s mischievous
organ and guitar interplay is jaunty and slightly trippy,
while ‘Five’ is the album’s searing, insistent
· ‘No Shouts No Calls’ might be some of Electrelane’s
most accessible work, but it’s far from safe; in fact, its
sweet vulnerability is exactly what makes it so special.
· Finally available again on lavish double vinyl.
The Greater Times
To The East
After The Call
Between The Wolf And The Dog
Cut And Run