|Finders Keepers Records
Release Date: 18 November 2013
Format: LP Double Vinyl
|Emerald Web The Stargate Tapes Limited Vinyl 2LP Set
· Sharing social circles and spiritual ideologies with artists such as Iasos, Connie Demby and Deuter, whilst splitting label release schedules with Laraaji, Laurie Spiegel and Wendy Carlos, the unique Florida raised soulmate
duo known as Emerald Web released their privately pressed debut LP at an axis where post-prog rock met proto-new age and ambient electronic music.
· At the turn of the 1980s Bob Stohl and Kat Epple embarked on a ten-year spiritual journey playing at planetariums and laser shows above the same Californian silicon city that devised the early computer music software, unifying their state of the art modular synth soundscapes and organic
compositions of flutes, bells and field recordings, and furnishing a selfpressed cassette tapeography of inimitable Emerald Web music for their selffunded Stargate label.
· Having first communicated via the medium of music as flute players at a South Florida jam session the future space music luminaries would be instrumental in assisting synthesiser companies via feedback and consultancy in developing instruments such as the Lyricon wind synth
(favoured by Suzanne Ciani and Bruno Spoerri) and various sponsored machines for Arp, Buchla, EML, Computone and Orchestron.
· Named after a laser show formation and combining influences from science fiction films, fantasy novels and a broad musical spectrum including Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, It's A Beautiful Day and Goro Yamaguchi, Bob and Kat would balance day jobs as synth programmers as well as TV and
film soundtrackers under the moniker BobKat Productions (counting microscope nature documentarian Carl Sagan amongst their clients) with evening synthesiser shows at galleries, spiritual centres and even punk clubs.
· This compilation album comprises early tracks from Emerald Web’s debut vinyl release and the following four rare cassette only albums on Stargate Records from 1979-1982 before the band recorded their bestselling (and Grammy nominated) albums for labels affiliated with Germany’s Kuckuck and Larry Fast before Bob Stohl’s sad and untimely death in 1989.
· Taken from original master tapes and recorded using revolutionary and prototypal music technology many of these tracks have never been on vinyl or CD until now. Finders Keepers are proud to have worked closely alongside
Kat Epple as part of an ongoing Emerald Web / BobKat archival project making these important early electronic / organic musical hybrids available for fans of ambient Krautrock, electronic soundtracks, musique concrete,
electro and PINA enthusiasts alike.
· Featuring extensive liner notes and previously unseen photos.
The Dragons Gate
Flight Of The Raven
Doppler Bells 1
Voices Of The Sage
Valley Of The Birds
Chasing The Shadowbeast