Release Date: 26 August 2016
Format: LP Vinyl
|Barbra Streisand Encore: Movie Partners Sing Broadway Limited Vinyl LP
“ENCORE: MOVIE PARTNERS SING BROADWAY” is the new album from Barbra Streisand. The album features 10 new Streisand duets of Broadway classics with some of the biggest stars in Hollywood. The inspired new musical pairings include Anne Hathaway, Daisy Ridley, Patrick Wilson, Hugh Jackman, Alec Baldwin, Chris Pine, Antonio Banderas, Jamie Foxx, Seth MacFarlane, and a spectacular virtual duet with Anthony Newley. This album follows 2014’s “Partners”, which debuted at # 1 on the Billboard Top 200, and received Platinum Certification.
The greatest star to ever come out of Broadway, Streisand returns to her roots with “ENCORE: Movie Partners Sing Broadway.” The legendary performer rose to unprecedented fame while starring on Broadway beginning with her stage debut in “I Can Get It For You Wholesale” in 1962 and then as comedienne Fanny Brice in the Broadway production of “Funny Girl” in 1964, earning Tony nominations for both turns. Streisand’s vey first record album, 1963’s “The Barbra Streisand album,” which earned Grammys for Album of the Year and Best Female Vocal Performances, featured several Broadway standards. In 1985 Streisand released “The Broadway Album” and in 1993 “Back to Broadway;” both albums went multi-platinum.
With the longest span of number one albums in history - six decades - Streisand has recorded 52 gold, 31 platinum and 13 multi-platinum albums in her career. She is the only woman to make the All-Time Top 10 Best Selling Artists list. With the release of her last album, “Partners,” Streisand has had 33 albums make the Top 10 on the US charts. She is the only female artist to have achieved this milestone, tying her with Frank Sinatra. With ten, Streisand is the female artist with the most number one albums in Billboard's history. Widely recognized as an icon in multiple entertainment fields, Streisand has attained unprecedented achievements as a recording artist, actor, concert performer, producer, director, author and songwriter. Streisand has been awarded two Oscars, five Emmys, ten Golden Globes, eight Grammys plus two special Grammys, a special Tony award in 1970, and two CableACE Awards – the only artist to receive honors in all of those fields of endeavor. Streisand received the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Barack Obama this past November. Her many other honors include the American Film Institute's Lifetime Achievement Award, the National Endowment for the Arts Medal, three Peabody Awards and the French Légion d'Honneur. She is also the first female film director to receive the Kennedy Center Honors. Streisand is a devoted philanthropist who works tirelessly to fight for what she believes in. A woman of action, Streisand founded The Barbra Streisand Women’s Heart Center at Cedars-Sinai and co-founded the Women’s Heart Alliance, helping to raise awareness and push for more research into women’s heart disease, the leading cause of death among women.
1. At The Ballet - with Anne Hathaway & Daisy Ridley (from A Chorus Line)
2. Loving You - with Patrick Wilson (from Passion)
3. Who Can I Turn To (When Nobody Needs Me) - with Anthony Newley (from The Road of The Greasepaint, The Smell Of The Crowd)
4. The Best Thing That Ever Has Happened - with Alec Baldwin (from Road Show)
5. Anything You Can Do - with Melissa McCarthy (from Annie Get Your Gun)
1. Any Moment Now - with Hugh Jackman (from Smile)
2. Pure Imagination - with Seth MacFarlane (from Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory)
3. Take Me To the World - with Antonio Banderas (from Evening Primrose)
4. I'll Be Seeing You/I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face - with Chris Pine (from Right This Way / My Fair Lady)
5. Climb Ev'ry Mountain - with Jamie Foxx (from The Sound Of Music)