Release Date: 29 April 2016
Format: LP Vinyl
|Comets On Fire Blue Cathedral Limited Vinyl LP + Download
· ‘Blue Cathedral’ is now back in print on vinyl.
· ‘Blue Cathedral’ is the third album from Comets On Fire and their first for Sub Pop. With their first two albums, (2001’s self-titled debut and 2002’s ‘Field
Recordings From The Sun’) they established themselves as flag-bearers of modern psychedelia.
Their trademark sound is here enriched by more structured, keyboard-driven jams, churning Blue Oyster Cult-ish chooglers and slow burners reminiscent of Harvest-era Pink Floyd.
· Comets’ core of Ethan Miller (guitar, vox and later of fellow Sub Pop band Heron Oblivion), Noel Harmonson (echoplex, also later of Heron Oblivion), Ben Flashman (bass) and Utrillo Belcher (drums) was augmented in an official capacity by one Ben Chasny (otherwise known as Six Organs Of Admittance) on second guitar.
· Though their national tours were infrequent, Comets On Fire’s live shows were already becoming the stuff of legend. They opened a string of dates for Sonic Youth and played shows with Rocket From The Tombs, Dead Meadow, Dead Moon, Sunburned Hand Of The Man, Kinski and more. They also made a big fan out of Julian Cope, who said of them: “Comets On Fire deserve our gratitude… for their distillation of all the best rock riffs since High Rise’s take on Blue Cheer.”
· LP includes digital download code.
· Initial copies pressed on clear blue vinyl.
The Bee And The Cracking Egg
Pussy Footin’ The Duke
The Antlers Of The Midnight Sun
Brotherhood Of The Harvest