Release Date: 03 June 2016
Format: 7 Inch Box Set
|The Who Volume 4: THE POLYDOR SINGLES BOX 1975 – 2015 Limited 15 x 7 Inch Singles Box Set
Volume four of a four part set of classic Who singles by labels (Brunswick, Reaction, Track and Polydor), released to coincide with the band’s 50th Anniversary.
15 x 7” singles from the band’s Polydor Records era (1975-2015) - pressed on heavyweight vinyl with card picture sleeves (where applicable) reproducing the period graphics front and back.
Includes classic hits -‘Squeeze Box / Who Are You / You Better You Bet / Eminence Front (scheduled for release in the UK where sleeves were printed but never released) / ‘Real Good-Looking Boy’ & 'Be Lucky'
Housed in a rigid ‘lid-and-tray’ outer box, full colour and matt lamination. 7” sized 20-page colour booklet with liner notes about each release and period memorabilia.
The Track years had been extremely fertile for The Who. They had reached the highest highs whilst overcoming all obstacles put in their way. On the face of it the band entered their second decade at the top of their game but in reality they were about to enter a period of uncertainty and self-examination. This would see them face many changes; some enforced, others self-imposed as various rock and roll excesses took their toll. The ensuing years would see changes in the band’s line up, a break-up and the forging of unlikely bonds which would shape the band’s direction over the next forty years.
The history of The Who is one that has taken many intricate turns. They have faced and overcome adversities and regained their position of one of the most important bands to come out of Britain since rock ‘n’ roll experienced its first power chord. They have redefined the boundaries of what rock music can achieve and they have left us with a legacy that is filled with innovation, excitement, intelligence, poignancy, bloody mindedness, sadness, laughter, frustration and anger - often played with visceral energy at ear splitting volume. They are the definitive article. They are The Who.
1. ‘Listening To You/See Me, Feel Me' b/w ‘Overture'
2. ‘Squeeze Box' b/w ‘Success Story'
3. ‘Who Are You' b/w ‘Had Enough'
4. ‘Long Live Rock' b/w ‘I'm the Face', ‘My Wife' (live)
5. ‘5.15' b/w ‘I'm One'.
6. ‘You Better You Bet' b/w ‘The Quiet One'
7. ‘Don't Let Go The Coat' b/w ‘You'
8. ‘Athena' b/w ‘A Man Is A Man'
9. ‘Eminence Front' b/w ‘It's Your Turn' (This single was scheduled for release in the UK. Sleeves were printed but it was never released. It was to have been Who 7.)
10. ‘Twist and Shout' b/w ‘I Can't Explain' (Both live)
11. ‘Won't Get Fooled Again / Bony Maronie' (Live at Young Vic)
12. ‘Join Together' b/w ‘I Can See For Miles' and ‘Behind Blue Eyes' (All three tracks live from 1989 US tour)
13. ‘Real Good-Looking Boy' b/w ‘Old Red Wine'
14. WIRE & GLASS (EP) ‘Sound Round', Pick Up The Peace', Endless Wire', We Got A Hit', ‘They Made My Dream Come True', ‘Mirror Door'. Polydor 1702801. Released 24 July 2006
15. ‘Be Lucky' b/w ‘I Can't Explain' (remixed)