|1965 Records Limited
Release Date: 01 April 2016
Format: LP Vinyl
|Coves Peel Limited White Vinyl LP + Download
· The English duo of Rebekah ‘Beck’ Wood and John Ridgard release new album ‘Peel’, the band’s second album.
· Apparently marked by Coves’ shift from Leamington Spa to London, the new album is seemingly “split between fury and misery.”
· Following the celebrated release of debut ‘Soft Friday’ in 2014, Beck ran into producer Cam Blackwood (George Ezra, London Grammar). Keen to work with the band, he took the home recordings that Beck and John had made during ‘red wine holidays’ at John’s East London spare room studio to Studio Voltaire in Clapham and honed the pop side until it was as sharp as their psychedelic garage edge. The result was a second album, completed in October 2015 and cleaner, harder and just as fiery as ever.
· “Coves make crisp, inspiring rock music with a shoegaze edge… ‘Stormy’ is an almost ludicrously contagious return, with the sighing melody matched by a biting lyric.” - Clash
· “Bolshie choruses buoyed the Leamington duo’s woozy Mazzy Star obsessions, giving them a punk edge that many bands with the same set of influences (you can add The Jesus And Mary Chain and The Raveonettes to Hope Sandoval’s troupe) simply don’t ever come close to having. It all made for a thrilling ride, and one that they’ve gone even further on with comeback single ‘Stormy’’’ - NME
· White vinyl format includes digital download code.
Tripping Over Lust
To The Sea
See Me Love Me
I Just Don’t Care
I’m Not Here