|Soul Jazz Records
Release Date: 26 February 2016
Format: LP Double Vinyl
|VA / Soul Jazz Records Presents PUNK 45: BURN, RUBBER CITY, BURN - AKRON, OHIO Limited Gatefold Vinyl 2LP Set
Soul Jazz Records' new 'Punk 45' album Burn, Rubber City, Burn charts the rise of the music scene in the mid-west city of Akron, Ohio, at a time when the city and the rubber industry it was associated with was in deep decline.
Featuring a fantastic collection of Akron groups including Devo, The Bizarros, Rubber City Rebels, Jane Aire, Chi-Pig, The Waitresses and more.
The album comes complete with extensive text as well as exclusive photos and original record artwork. Vinyl edition is on deluxe gatefold double-vinyl with free download code.
The album follows on from Soul Jazz Records' earlier Punk 45 albums about USA and British punk (Kill The Hippies! Kill Yourself! and There Is No Such Thing As Society) as well as the cover art book Punk 45. Burn, Rubber City, Burn coincides with the release of as a second album about Ohio's early punk scene, Extermination Nights in the Sixth City - featuring the music scene of nearby Cleveland.
"Soul Jazz Records' story of American punk opens up a whole 1970s history that is still underexposed." The Guardian
1. I Bizarro - The Bizarros
2. The Comb - The Waitresses
3. Laugh - Hammer Damage
4. Mechanical Man - Devo
5. Squirm You Worm - Tin Huey
6. Lady Doubonette - The Bizarros
7. Ring Around the Collar - Chi-Pig
8. Auto Modown - Devo
9. Kidnapped - Rubber City Rebels
10. The Manikin Shuffle - Denis DeFrange and Mark Frazier
11. When I Was Young - Jane Aire and The Belvederes
12. Puppet Wipes - Tin Huey
13. Apu Api (Help Me) - Chi-Pig
14. Nova - The Bizarros
15. Such a Fool - Rubber City Rebels
16. Sector Wars - Denis DeFrange
17. Closet Bears - Ralph Carney
18. Narrow Road - 15-60-75 (The Numbers Band)