Release Date: 08 January 2016
Format: LP Double Vinyl
|ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Limited Vinyl 2LP Set
I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES documents Brian Clough’s early years at Nottingham Forest, a time when the club enjoyed a period of unprecedented success.
The 21- track album, compiled by the film’s director Jonny Owen is a prime selection of soul and groove classics as swaggering as the team itself. The songs tell the real story of one of the most remarkable and iconic teams in English football – miracle men, under the tutelage of a genius, who gave British football a rare strut.
Talking about the conception of the album, Jonny Owen explained:
'I can actually remember the moment it happened. I was in a tiny, windowless edit suite in Nottingham with Owen Davies - the editor of our film I Believe in Miracles. We were talking about how the sport itself lends itself so beautifully to what we call in the film world 'montages'.
So, what could we do with this film about the great European Cup winning Nottingham Forest team of the late 70's, managed by one of the most charismatic managers that ever lived - music wise? ...and I suggested that we needed something with strut and groove...funk maybe... or soul?
So we had some film footage - and I mean literal film footage from a tin with all the glorious colour that entails - and we played it on the screen alongside, straight off the net, a classic soul/funk classic called 'I Believe in Miracles' by the Jackson Sisters. I swear if there was ever a moment when a beam of light with angels singing should have shone upon us, it was that one. It looked and sounded breathtaking. We both actually giggled at the absurdity of how good it sounded. We dug more and more classic soul, funk and disco out and put them to the images of this fantastic Forest team that are so alive in our popular consciousness as football fans...'
1. I Believe in Miracles - The Jackson Sisters
2. The Love I Lost - Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes
3. Never Can Say Goodbye - Gloria Gaynor
4. A Fifth of Beethoven - Walter Murphy
5. Boogie Nights - Heatwave
6. Groovin' - The Young Rascals
7. Bongo Rock - The Incredible Bongo Band
8. Can You Feel the Force - The Real Thing
9. Twenty Five Miles - Edwin Starr
10. Morning Broadway - Keith Mansfield
11. Are You Ready for Me - First Choice
12. Summer Madness - Kool & The Gang
13. Strategy - Archie Bell & The Drells
14. Soul Time - Shirley Ellis
15. Soul Impression - Janko Nilovic
16. Fug - Cymande
17. Thank You Baby - Flashlight
18. Fly Me to the Moon - Lyn Collins
19. Hard Times - Baby Huey & The Babysitters
20. We Came to Play - Tower Of Power
21. I Believe in Miracles - Mark Capanni