Release Date: 28 August 2015
Format: LP Vinyl
|Hooton Tennis Club Highest Point In Cliff Town Limited Red Vinyl LP + Download
· Hooton Tennis Club release their cracking debut album ‘Highest Point In Cliff Town’ on Heavenly Recordings.
· The album was recorded and produced at Parr Street Studios in Liverpool by Bill Ryder Jones.
· Inspired by the plug-in-and-play quasi improvisational approach of Deerhunter and Ariel Pink, the album is the sound of the summer of adolescence slipping into the autumn of adulthood. Here the wit of Kurt Vonnegut and twisted storytelling of Wes Anderson collide to tell tales of banal jobs, relationships, memorable parties and passing characters.
· Musically melodic, fragile, wonky, witty, poetic and pop (definitely, defiantly pop) the skewed melodies and oddball narratives combine in perfect symbiotic musical harmony, each song a small burst of sunshine to warm the coldest of hearts.
· Think Teenage Fanclub, Guided By Voices, Randy Newman, Big Star, Silver Jews… but birthed in Northern English towns in the 21st century.
1. Up in the Air
2. I'm Not Going Roses Again
3. P.O.W.E.R.F.U.L. P.I.E.R.R.E.
4. Something Much Quicker Than Anyone But Jennifer Could Imagine
6. Always Coming Back 2 You
7. Barlow Terrace
9. Kathleen Sat On the Arm of Her Favourite Chair
10. Standing Knees
11. ...and Then Camilla Drew Fourteen Dots On Her Knees
12. Fall in Luv