Release Date: 21 August 2015
Format: LP Vinyl
|Greg Lake London ‘81 Limited Clear Vinyl LP
• Vocalist/guitarist from the legendary prog rock bands King Crimson and Emerson, Lake & Palmer launched a solo career in 1981 and embarked on a spectacular worldwide tour captured on this historic live album and made available on both CD & vinyl for the very first time!
• Includes performances of songs from Lake’s self-titled solo debut album plus phenomenal live versions of ELP’s “Lucky Man,” King Crimson’s “21st Century Schizoid Man,” and more!
• Features a guest appearance by guitar virtuoso Gary Moore!
• Vinyl version comes with printed inner sleeve and limited edition clear vinyl! As a singer and instrumentalist, Greg Lake had his greatest success and influence in the progressive rock outfit Emerson, Lake & Palmer and, before that, as a founding member of the original King Crimson. He has also been reasonably popular as a solo artist working in more of a hard rock idiom. As a boy, growing up in a poverty stricken part of the seaside resort town of Bournemouth, he got his first guitar for his 12th birthday, as a gift from his mother, and began taking lessons from a local teacher named Don Strike, one of
whose other students was Robert Fripp, who became close friends with Lake. Around the time he was 12
years old, Lake also wrote a folk-style song that played a major part in his future, entitled "Lucky Man."
Lake learned to read music and also to play pieces by Paganini, among other classical composers, but his
aspirations lay with emulating the sound of his favorite band of the era, Cliff Richard & The Shadows, and their lead guitarist, Hank B. Marvin. Lake passed through a succession of groups, including a local quartet called Unit Four, in which he played guitar and sang. He and Unit Four guitarist David Genes later formed the Time Checks, and, still later -- around 1967 -- with another Unit Four member, John Dickinson, was a member of a band called the Shame, who cut a single in 1968. He also sang on a record by a band called the Shy Limbs.
1. Fanfare for the Common Man/Karn Evil 9
2. Nuclear Attack
3. The Lie
4. Retribution Drive
5. Lucky Man
6. Parisienne Walkways
7. You've Really Got a Hold On Me
8. Love You Too Much
9. 21st Century Schizoid Man
10. The Court of the Crimson King
11. C'est La Vie