|The Vinyl Factory
Release Date: 07 August 2015
Format: LP Vinyl
|Mick Jones Ex Libris Limited 180gram Heavyweight Vinyl LP
· Six new songs by Mick Jones.
· 180 gram heavyweight vinyl.
· Housed in a bespoke sleeve with 12 page booklet.
· Limited to 1000 copies worldwide.
· Random 100 copies hand signed by Mick Jones.
· The Vinyl Factory is proud to present an album of six
original songs by Mick Jones - legendary guitarist of
The Clash, founder of Big Audio Dynamite and
producer for the likes of Gorillaz and The Libertines.
· Released in conjunction with the opening of his
incredible Aladdin’s cave of popular culture - The Rock
& Roll Public Library - at the 2015 Venice Biennale.
· Recorded in his West London studio earlier this year
and pressed onto 180 gram heavyweight vinyl.
· The Rock & Roll Public Library is a site-specific
installation at the Istituto Santa Maria Della Pieta in
Venice that explores the notion of archive as art.
Comics and cartoons from his childhood sit alongside
music magazines, punk fanzines, trashy pulp fictions,
record covers and posters.
· These relics of the last century, capturing a significant
slice of British music history as told through Jones’
eyes and experience, trace a spark of imagination in
service to the idea of continual creativity. “It’s a
personal, cultural and social history of our times,” says
Jones, “and through that it extends beyond the local
to the global.”
The Seventh Of January
Easy Going Man