Release Date: 17 July 2015
Format: LP Vinyl
|COCTEAU TWINS TINY DYNAMINE/ ECHOES IN A SHALLOW BAY Limited 180gram Heavyweight Vinyl LP + Download
· Following last year’s represses of Cocteau Twins’ ‘Blue Bell Knoll’ and ‘Heaven Or Las Vegas’ come the combined EPs of ‘Tiny Dynamine’ and ‘Echoes In A Shallow Bay’ and the long out of print early-80s compilation, ‘The Pink Opaque’.
· Using new masters created from high definition files
transferred from the original analogue tapes, both albums will receive 180g vinyl pressings (with download codes).
· Back in 1986, ‘The Pink Opaque’ brought together the best of the Cocteau Twins’ early works to become their first official release in the US.
· Already a cult band on college radio, some classics like ‘Pearly-Dewdrops’ Drops’ and ‘Aikea-Guinea’ were given new mixes for this release, while it also featured
‘Millimillenary’, the first run out for incoming band member Simon Raymonde.
· To this day, ‘The Pink Opaque’ remains a great entry point to a wonderful band.
· With a history of releasing singles between albums, the two EPs of ‘Tiny Dynamine’ and ‘Echoes In A Shallow Bay’ were originally released two weeks apart back in November 1985. Seen as companion pieces, they both acted as a precursor to the band’s fourth studio album, ‘Victorialand’.
· 30 years later, the EPs are now being married together on to one piece of heavyweight vinyl, completed with reformatted artwork.
1. Pink Orange Red
2. Ribbed and Veined
3. Plain Tiger
4. Sultitan Itan
5. Great Spangled Fritillary
7. Pale Clouded White
8. Eggs and Their Shells