|Word & Sound
Release Date: 01 June 2015
Format: LP Double Vinyl
|TIEFSCHWARZ LEFT Limited Vinyl LP
· Since 1998 the DJ / producer duo of Ali and Basti Schwarz, better known as Tiefschwarz, have been perfecting the art of dominating dancefloor moments. Their music is as unique as it is creative.
· Among their countless extended players and remixes, the three landmark Tiefschwarz albums - ‘RAL 9005’, ‘Eat Books’ and ‘Chocolate’ - all have a common thread weaving through them: a historic vision uniting the musical crossroads of past and future, igniting the dancefloor while at the same time giving the listener the opportunity to look beyond themselves.
· With ‘Left’, Tiefschwarz were able to radicalize the albumspecific approach and focus more intently on combining grooves with an introspective perspective. They refrained from bringing in an outside co-producer for the album and concentrated on one guest - Khan, who Ali and Basti have been close friends with since the 90’s. Khan, a Frankfurt native of Turkish and Finnish decent, is one of the most prominent and
exhilarating German techno pioneers. Since the early 90s he has been looking to the future with his Bizz OD moniker or his Captain Comatose project in the 2000s, when he blew up the club world with his brand of fierce theatrics, trash and outrageous hits. He has published on Harvest, accompanied Gus Gus on tour and held residencies from Mexico to New York to Berlin. His DJ sets highlight his choice of musical programming: devilish eroticism, glamour and a do-it-yourself approach, as well as combining three distinctly amusing personalities: the classic crooner, the diva, and the cabaret star.
· Tiefschwarz have created soulful, yearning music that goes beyond the club doors and covers the whole world in a blue satin blanket. Dance music written to be as sexy as it is pensive. It can be heard throughout the album, highlighting recurring historical moments in music as it comes of age. The ability to look back on times like when Motown king Marvin Gaye unveiled his classic ‘What’s Going On’ in the 60s or when Black Dog’s ‘Bytes’ changed perceptions in the 90s.
1. Heavy Weather (Feat. Khan)
2. Free Falling (Feat. Khan)
3. Morgen Abend
4. Do Me (Feat. Khan)
5. Dark Light
6. 110 (Feat. Mama)
7. Prayer (Feat. Khan)
8. Hi Fu
9. Echo Drug (Feat. Khan)
10. Any Moment (Feat. Emily Karpel)
12. Forever (Feat. Khan)
13. Laid Back