Release Date: 01 June 2015
Format: LP Double Vinyl
|IN CAMERA ERA Limited Gatefold Vinyl 2LP Set + Download
· In Camera - David Steiner (vocals / keyboards), Andrew Gray (guitar), Pete Moore (bass) and Jeff Wilmott (drums) - are among the more mysterious acts of 4AD’s early alumni (Bauhaus, The Birthday Party, MASS, Modern English, Rema-Rema, The The).
· Active between 1978 and 1981, in the thick of London’s postpunk scene, they enjoyed an intense and fruitful short time together. Coming to the label’s attention when they supported Bauhaus at the Billy’s venue in Soho, their only releases came with two singles in 1980 - the double A-side 7” of ‘Final Achievement’ and ‘Die Laughing’ and the ‘IV Songs’ EP. Calling it a day before they recorded an album, 4AD fittingly issued the posthumous release of the 12” EP, ‘Fin’, using the band’s epic, three-track John Peel Session.
· Ten years after amicably splitting, 4AD released the now long out of print retrospective CD, ‘13 (Lucky For Some)’, coercing the band back in to a studio to record four songs they had played live but not committed to tape to complete the release.
· Things returned to quiet until interest to licence their music from experimental French label Desire Records (who subsequently pressed up a limited mini-album of the first two singles entitled ‘IV Songs + II’ in 2011) sparking In Camera’s interest to compile ‘Era’, the definitive and final word on their band.
· The gatefold LP version has all but one track from the three singles and seven of the not before released tracks spread over two records, also coming with a download card for all tracks.
1. Die Laughing
2. Final Achievement
3. Fragments of Fear
4. The Attic
5. The Conversation
2. Colour in the Home
3. The Conversation
4. On the Retina
5. The Attic
7. The Fatal Day