Release Date: 30 March 2015
Format: LP Double Vinyl
|Plastikman EX Club Mixes Limited Vinyl 2LP Set
· Richie Hawtin is many things: an extraordinary DJ; creator of the ENTER. experience; mastermind behind the M_NUS label; technological innovator; art aficionado (in 2011 he collaborated with British sculptor Anish Kapoor for an installation in Paris) and style icon. Before this, though - perhaps most famously of all - he is Plastikman, an electronic music phenomenon whose followers are legion and fanatic.
· Between 1993 and 2003, Plastikman created an astonishing body of work, expanding the dimensions of Detroit techno and redefining the possibilities of electronic dance music. Across six albums and numerous singles, such as ‘Spastik’, ‘Plastique’ and
‘Sickness’, Plastikman evolved into one of electronic music’s most distinctive voices - minimalist, psychedelic, seriously groove-laden and ever mindful of the transcendent properties of electronica.
· On the evening of 6 November 2013, at the invitation of Raf Simons of Dior, a special Plastikman live show composed of entirely new material took place at the Guggenheim Museum, NYC. The album, ‘EX’, Plastikman’s first album release since 2003’s ‘Closer’, was released in June and then, days after its
release, a second performance took place at the renowned Sónar festival in Barcelona.
· Four of the tracks from the album ‘EX’ have now been remixed by some of the hottest names on the techno scene.
· The album’s original closer ‘EXhale’ opens the EP, reworked here by Berlin based producer and Resident Advisor’s Top DJ Of 2014, Dixon, followed by a remix of ‘EXplore’ by Resident Advisor’s Top Live Act Of 2014, Recondite.
· ‘EXpand’ sees Tales of Us aka Karm and Matteo Milleri, who were recently awarded #2 in Resident Advisor’s Top DJs Of 2014, work their magic before the single is finished off by the Grammy-winning Dubfire’s take on ‘EXposed’.
1. EXhale (Dixon's Just a Different Mixdown Version)
2. EXplore (Recondite Remix)
3. EXpand (Tale of Us Remix)
4. EXposed (Dubfire Remix)