Release Date: 30 March 2015
Format: LP Vinyl
|The Go! Team The Scene Between Limited Pink 180gram Vinyl LP + Download
· “Melodies that are hotter than the sun - like skidding down a rainbow” - NME
· “Adorable - dropping bubblegum nature poetry over candy coloured jump-up runs” - Rolling Stone
· The Go! Team’s last album, ‘Rolling Blackouts’, became a natural end chapter for the band, with members splintering off into different musical projects, get married, teaching or just experiencing real life. Bandleader Parton took the opportunity to return to the working methods he’d used at the origins of the band - crate digging, trying to nail a feeling, writing and recording the album by himself.
· Unlike debut album ‘Thunder, Lightning, Strike’ though,
‘The Scene Between’ is an album about singing - about pushing the melodic side of The Go! Team sound. Parton elaborates, “I wanted to make an album driven by melody and song writing because catchiness is the hardest thing you can do. Brill Building hooks but permeated with a kind of wobbly VHS feel.”
· Parton had four rules before starting: melody would guide the song, samples would be treated as an instrument rather than a basis for the song, the production would vary across the song like flipping the dial on a radio and the singers must all be people he’d never previously heard of. Matching the song to the right voice wherever that voice was in the world - an outreach programme for bedroomcore DIY artists.
· LP pressed on 180g pink vinyl with digital download.
1. What D'you Say?
2. The Scene Between
3. Waking the Jetstream
4. Rolodex the Seasons
6. Did You Know?
7. Gaffa Tape Bikini
8. Catch Me On the Rebound
9. The Floating Felt Tip
10. Her Last Wave
11. The Art of Getting By (Song for Heaven's Gate)
12. Reason Left to Destroy