Release Date: 12 January 2015
Format: LP Vinyl
|Battle Beast Unholy Saviour Limited Gatefold Vinyl LP
· Founded in 2008 on the Southern edge of Finland, Battle Beast stand for everything that is good and pure in metal music - crunching riffs, high screams, blistering solos and strong choruses. The sextet take all the classical elements of traditional heavy metal without being afraid to add their own flavour to the recipe.
· Having won 2008’s Wacken Open Air Metal Battle, Battle Beast soon caught the attention of Nuclear Blast, resulting in a record deal and the worldwide release of the highly acclaimed debut album ‘Steel’ in January 2012. Subsequently, Battle Beast continued their triumphal march by touring together with Nightwish for a total of 21 shows all across Europe, extending their fanbase through their tremendous onstage energy and joy of playing.
· When former lead singer Nitte Valo quit the band in September 2012, Battle Beast immediately got the chance to showcase new vocalist Noora Louhimo’s amazing skills live on tour with Sonata Arctica. With the refreshed line-up and an ever-growing hunger, Battle Beast continued their march of success with their eponymous sophomore release in May 2013.
· Having spent the year invading some of the biggest festivals in 2014 (among them Loud Park in Japan, German Metalfest and Sabaton Open Air in Falun, Sweden), plus supporting their German labelmates Accept during their Finland tour in September, Battle Beast now return to what they do best.
· New album ‘Unholy Savior’ has been influenced by everything the band has been facing during the past months and clearly displays their increased hunger to succeed as a band. The album’s lyrics were born through an emotionally violent and bloody struggle that main composer Anton
Kabanen was going through at the time. Questioning his whole existence step by step, wondering if his dream had betrayed him, ‘Unholy Savior’ reeks of death, agony, pain, hate,
confusion, fear and insecurity but it also speaks of deep gratitude, longing, consolation and love.
· “The album had to be done this way - through emotional hell. Having transferred these ‘things’ and emotions into songs I feel that I'm ready to move on. But like always, I wrote songs about the series ‘Berserk’ as well, and the reason behind writing songs about that particular series is
that I can strongly relate to that, especially to certain characters and to their way of thinking and feeling,” Anton adds.
· At the start of 2015, Battle Beast return to the European roads, along with the band that has been supporting them since day one. Swedish metal heroes Sabaton not only invited the band to play at their very own Sabaton Open Air but also featured a cover version of Battle Beast’s ‘Out Of Control’ as a bonus track on their current album ‘Heroes’.
2. Unholy Saviour
3. I Want the World... And Everything in It
5. Sea of Dreams
6. Speed and Danger
7. Touch in the Night
8. The Black Swordsman
9. Hero's Quest
10. Far Far Away
11. Angel Cry
12. Push It to the Limit