Release Date: 17 November 2014
Format: LP Double Vinyl
|Ariel Pink pom pom Limited Vinyl 2LP Set
· Ariel Pink returns with a new album entitled ‘pom pom’. Across its 17 tracks and 69 minutes, ‘pom pom’ is unfiltered Ariel, a pied piper of the absurd, with infectious tales of romance, murder, frog princes and Jell-O. The record sees the Los Angeles native strike it out alone, returning to the
solo moniker he has adopted for well over a decade when cementing his name as a king of pop perversion.
· From demented kiddie tune collaborations with the legendary Kim Fowley (songs like ‘Jell-O’ and ‘Plastic Raincoats In The Pig Parade’ were written with Fowley in his hospital room during his recent battle with cancer), to beatific, windswept pop (‘Put Your Number In My Phone’, ‘Dayzed Inn Daydreams’), scuzz-punk face-melters (‘Goth
Bomb’, ‘Negativ Ed’) and carnival dub psychedelia (‘Dinosaur Carebears’), ‘pom pom’ could very well be Ariel Pink’s magnum opus.
· “Although this is the first ‘solo’ record credited to my name, it is by far the least ‘solo’ record I have ever recorded.” - Ariel Pink
· ‘pom pom’ is Ariel Pink’s third studio album for 4AD, following his Haunted Graffiti releases ‘Before Today’ (2010) and ‘Mature Themes’ (2012).
1. Plastic Raincoats in the Pig Parade
2. White Freckles
3. Four Shadows
5. Not Enough Violence
6. Put Your Number in My Phone
7. One Summer Night
8. Nude Beach a Go-go
9. Goth Bomb
10. Dinosaur Carebears
11. Negativ Ed
12. Sexual Athletics
14. Black Ballerina
15. Picture Me Gone
16. Exile On Frog Street
17. Dayzed Inn Daydreams