Release Date: 27 October 2014
Format: LP Double Vinyl
|Jimmy Barnes Hindsight Limited 180gram Vinyl 2LP Set
• All-star line-up with Keith Urban, The Living End, Bernard Fanning, Shihad, Tina Arena, 'Little' Steven Van Zandt, Baby Animals, Jon Stevens, Joe Bonamassa, Neal Schon and Jonathan Cain of Journey.
• 30th anniversary of Jimmy Barnes’ debut as a solo recording artist.
• Jimmy Barnes is one of the most successful Australian artists ever.
• 2LP is limited to 1000 copies.
Hindsight is the 30th anniversary album of Jimmy Barnes, out on Provogue.
Hindsight sees Jimmy surrounded by family and friends, revisiting some of the biggest hits from throughout his solo career, along with a few deeper cuts and personal favourites. Family includes daughter Mahalia, son David Campbell and brother-in-law Diesel. And the friends include Keith Urban, The Living End, Tina Arena, Steven Van Zandt, Joe Bonamassa, Neal Schon and Jonathan Cain of Journey and many more.
As for the songs, most are icons in their own right: ‘No Second Prize’, ‘Working Class Man’, ‘I’d Die To Be With You Tonight’, ‘Lay Down Your Guns’, ‘Good Times’, to name a few.
Thirty years after setting out to claim some history of his own, Jimmy Barnes is sounding better than ever. And his greatest hits have never sounded as good as they do with a little help from his family and some famous friends, on Hindsight.
“These songs are important to me - I wouldn’t go out there and change the essence of the songs,” says Jimmy. “But I didn’t bring in all these great artists to tell them what to do - I’m actually working with them because I’m learning from them. It was like, ‘What are we going to do with this and have fun with it?’ They sound like new songs now and really fresh to sing,” Jimmy beams.
1. Lay Down Your Guns (w/ The Living End)
2. Time Will Tell (w/ The Baby Animals)
3. Good Times (w/ Keith Urban)
4. Ride The Night Away (w/ Steven van Zandt)
5. Stand Up (w/ Mahalia Barnes + The Soul Mates)
6. I'd Die To Be With You Tonight (w/ Diesel)
7. Stone Cold (w/ Tina Arena and Joe Bonamassa)
8. Working Class Man (w/ Jonathan Cain and Ian Moss)
9. Going Down Alone (w/ Neal Schon and Jonathan Cain)
10. Love And Hate (w/ Shihad)
11. No Second Prize
12. I'd Rather Be Blind (w/ Jon Stevens)
13. When Your Love Is Gone
14. The Other Kind