Release Date: 20 October 2014
Format: LP Double Vinyl
|THURSTON MOORE THE BEST DAY Limited Vinyl 2LP Set
· ‘The Best Day’ - Thurston Moore’s first solo record since 2011’s ‘Demolished Thoughts’ – is due to be released via Matador Records.
· Backed by James Sedwards of Nought (guitar), Deb Googe of
My Bloody Valentine (bass) and Steve Shelley of Sonic Youth
(drums), the album radiates with both his signature thrashing electric guitars as well as blissful 12-string acoustic ballads.
· The Thurston Moore Band will be playing dates in the UK,
Europe and North America, including Riot Fest in Chicago and
Toronto as well as a West coast run with Sebadoh.
· They recently played an impromptu show at the London’s Café Oto. Uncut had this to say about the live performance of The Best Day,’ “The album – which is due out in October – is excellent, and these live versions are muscular and digressive. Great songs, and a sense that Moore has found fresh inspiration in N16 with his latest, formidable accomplices”.
· Thurston Moore has been at the forefront of the alternative rock scene since that particular sobriquet was first used to signify any music that challenged and defied the mainstream standard.
· He is the founder of Sonic Youth, the band that turned on an entire generation to the value of experimentation in rock n' roll.
· From its influence on a nascent Nirvana, to Sonic Youth’s own ‘Daydream Nation’ album being chosen by the US Library of Congress for historical preservation in the National Recording Registry in 2006, the band’s importance in rock history is undeniable.
· Moore records and performs in a cavalcade of disciplines
ranging from free improvisation to acoustic composition to
black/white metal/noise disruption.
· Alongside his various activities in the musical world, he is involved with publishing and poetry, and teaches writing
annually at Naropa University, Boulder CO, a school founded by Allen Ginsberg and Anne Waldman in 1974.
1. Speak to the Wild
4. The Best Day
7. Grace Lake
8. Germs Burn